Beautiful, radiant skin can do more than improve your appearance; it can improve your whole attitude. When you look young and fresh, you naturally feel energized and positive. Chemical peels, performed right in our Boston area office, are one of the many ways you can enhance the look and feel of your skin with no downtime.
We offer several professional-grade chemical peels made by Environ® and La Roche-Posay. These peels are complemented by specially formulated home skin care regimens for a wide range of skin types, including prematurely aged, sensitive, and acne prone. Our specialists will help you choose the peel that is most suited to your needs.
For effective, yet gentle treatment of roughness, sun damage, wrinkles, and acne, we offer a variety of peels by Environ. These peels can be combined and layered to provide customized skin renewal through safe, comfortable treatments. So gentle they don’t require downtime, Environ peels improve the skin by increasing collagen production, maintaining moisture, and providing nourishment and sun protection.
We can help you determine which of the following Environ peels will best benefit your skin:
- Tri-Chloracetic Acid Cream mask peels
- Tri-Chloracetic Acid Gel peels, TCA-PamGels
The Environ cream peels contain lower concentrations of acid than many other brands for greater comfort. The gel peels are called “cool peels” because the water in the gel cools the skin as the acid penetrates.
Would you like to have glowing skin all year round? With the Biomedic MicroPeel® you can achieve just that! This safe, in-office treatment removes the thin top layer of skin to reveal healthy new skin cells. With little to no down time, it’s a great treatment to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation problems, and skin clarity. This peel is administered in the following 3 steps:
- First we perform dermaplaning, a patented French technique that gently removes the dead cellular layer of skin and allows for a greater penetration of the peeling agent. For those with active acne or sensitive skin, a papaya-based enzyme will be used as an alternative.
- Next, we apply the peeling agent. Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) are used to exfoliate the skin; these acids are naturally occurring and are found in fruits and other foods. Lactic acid is used for those with sensitive skins, or glycolic acid is used for those desiring a quicker exfoliation.
- The final stage of the peel is called cryogenic therapy which delivers frozen carbon dioxide to the skin thus freezing the top layer. This cools the skin, along with calming any inflammation. You will notice your skin mildly peeling in the days following the treatment, along with a beautiful complexion and healthy glow.
Biomedic MicroPeel Plus®
Have years of sun exposure or acne conditions left your skin rough and damaged with uneven texture? Biomedic MicroPeel Plus® will get your skin back to the way you like it! The MicroPeel Plus program uses salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid found in willow bark, wintergreen leaves, and sweet birch bark. Because salicylic acid is a fat-soluble acid, it is able to penetrate down into the underlying layers of the skin.
This peel can be tailored to your every need; your esthetician will decide how much product you need in order to reach your desired goals. Done in the office, the treatment only takes about 15 minutes. The solution is evenly applied to the skin, and you will begin to feel a slight stinging sensation after about a minute. Within 2 to 3 minutes, the discomfort will reach a peak and quickly reduce to a level of comfort. Peeling usually begins about 2 to 4 days following the treatment, although some people may not peel at all.
Biomedic Pigment Peel Plus®
The Biomedic Pigment Peel Plus® is designed to treat those with severe, environmentally damaged skin. This peel uses trichloroacetic acid (TCA) to promote healthy skin by evening out the skin tone, and reducing the appearance of hyper-pigmentation (such as brown age spots). This peel is intended for people who are ready to go through the peeling process.
Once the solution is applied evenly to the skin, a white frost begins to develop over the face after about 2 minutes. Because of the intense stinging sensation one may feel, a fan is used to cool the skin to maintain comfort during the treatment. In the 5 to 7 days following the procedure the skin will begin to shed, and you might experience peeling, flaking, mild redness, irritation, and minor swelling. This can vary from person to person, depending on their skin type. You will be amazed at what the skin looks like once it is finished peeling, the new healthy skin that is revealed will make you glow!