You are energetic and full of life, so naturally you want to look that way. Don’t let creases, lines, and wrinkles give away your age! You have many skin rejuvenation options when you visit board-certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Anna Petropoulos, an innovative leader in non-surgical rejuvenation of the face. She offers a refined selection of injectable fillers to smooth away the signs of time, leaving her patients looking refreshed. RADIESSE®, Sculptra, JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC are popular choices at her center in Danvers. Women and men from Boston and other New England cities travel to visit Dr. Petropoulos for the exceptional results she provides with fillers and other nonsurgical treatments.
Dr. Petropoulos has dedicated over a decade to refining her specialized surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation techniques. She is a national trainer for other physicians in the use of several leading fillers and attracts patients from hours away because of her impressive, natural-looking results.
Facial Rejuvenation Consultation
When you first meet with Dr. Petropoulos at your consultation, she will take the time to get to know you and develop a clear understanding of your goals. Together you will explore the available treatment options and find the path that is right for you to renew your appearance and lift your self-confidence.
“I have found Anna to be professional, thoughtful in her approach, and knowledgeable. Her work is unhurried and done in partnership with her patients. Botox and filler injections are discussed and planned and she seeks constant feedback on progress, making sure that the results, both immediate and long-term, are what you are looking for.”
Benefits of Injectable Fillers
Dr. Petropoulos skillfully blends art and science to help you look younger, yet natural. She understands that there are specific areas of the face that commonly lose volume as we age. By replenishing this lost volume with natural fillers, fresh youthful contours are restored in one quick office visit. Because today’s fillers are so versatile, she uses them to give you a vast array of improvements, including:
- Smoothing away wrinkles and grooves such as deep smile lines, nasal furrows, marionette lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet to help your face look relaxed, vibrant, and young again
- Restoring volume that has been lost over time by filling out areas like hollows around the eyes and sunken cheeks
- Defining lip borders, restoring lip volume, and filling in lip lines and creases
- Enhancing the results of facial surgery such as brow lifts, eyelid surgery, and facelifts
- Providing a harmonious and comprehensive facial rejuvenation without surgery when combined with other non-surgical treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic and Thermage® skin tightening treatments
Dr. Petropoulos believes in a conservative approach to facial rejuvenation. During your consultation, she will assess your signs of facial aging and ask you to show her the areas you’d like to improve. She will explore non-surgical treatments with you and propose cosmetic surgery only as needed.
Types of Injectable Fillers
Dr. Petropoulos’ extensive training and experience with nonsurgical treatments help her determine which ones will best benefit each of her patients for a natural, youthful look. The fillers she offers are made without animal products and do not require allergy tests. Options include:
- JUVÉDERM XC is a smooth injectable gel that is made with hyaluronic acid, which already exists in the body. It offers a natural look and feel with results that last longer than Restylane® due to its higher concentration of hyaluronic acid and special cross-linked molecules. Dr. Petropoulos prefers JUVÉDERM over other hyaluronic acid fillers, as results last for about a year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is a thicker formulation of the JUVÉDERM filler. Dr. Petropoulos uses it to instantly restore volume to the cheeks and chin that has been lost due to the natural aging process. Its thicker, more durable consistency makes it appropriate for deeper injection in these areas of the face. By restoring volume to the chin and cheeks, VOLUMA provides a natural, nonsurgical “facelift” effect. Results last up to 2 years.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC is used to enhance the lips by adding volume and creating a fuller appearance in patients with naturally thin or thinning lips. Volbella can also be used to soften lip lines which have become more noticeable over time. Results can last up to 1 years.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE XC is used to add volume to the face while smoothing lines and wrinkles. Vollure can correct moderate to severe lines around the nose and mouth. Dr. Petropoulos recommends Vollure for subtle results that can last up to 18 months.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is a synthetic, poly-L-lactic acid, hydro-gel filler designed for use in the deeper tissues of the face to replace lost volume. It stimulates collagen production, so improvements appear gradually over 3 months and last for up to 2 years. Sculptra is perfectly safe and has been used for more than 50 years in the operating room in the form of vicryl suture material in all parts of the body. Dr. Petropoulos uses Sculptra to give her patients a Liquid Face Lift that can erase the years without surgery.
- RADIESSE® consists of tiny calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in a water-based gel carrier. These microspheres form a “scaffold” that stimulates natural collagen production, helping the skin look plump and youthful. RADIESSE patients often experience results that last for about a year or more.
Dermal Fillers Treatment
Our patients love these office treatments because they are affordable, effective, and complete within about 30 minutes. After you relax and are comfortable in a special recliner, we carefully review the areas that you wish to improve. We include local anesthetic in our fillers to minimize any potential for discomfort. A few tiny injections are made to introduce the filler within the grooves or areas needing volume enhancement. The treatments are that simple!
“Dr. Anna Petropoulos is an artist! She is meticulous with the needle. I never felt any pain or discomfort. She is always gentle and never makes you feel rushed or hurried. She takes great care with each and every procedure. She made it possible for me to get a refreshed look without surgery. I could not be happier!”
Recovery After Filler Injections
With Dr. Petropoulos’ meticulous and gentle technique, bruising is very unusual. We recommend you avoid the following medications for 2 weeks before treatment to further minimize the possibility of bruising: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen, as well as vitamin E, fish oil, omega-3 supplements, and other herbal supplements.
After your treatment, you can go right back to your normal everyday activities. Your improvements are immediate, whether your goal was smoother skin or naturally fuller lips. Many patients visit Dr. Petropoulos periodically for quick touch-up treatments to maintain their refreshed look.
Before & After Injectable Fillers Treatments
Before & After Liquid Facelift Treatments
Schedule a Consultation
The sky’s the limit with Dr. Petropoulos’ non-surgical treatments! She skillfully uses injectable fillers, either alone or with other non-surgical treatments, to reveal the fresh and joyful way you feel inside. If you would like more information on injectable fillers, contact our Danvers, MA office today! Call 978-739-9500 to schedule a consultation with top plastic surgeon Dr. Anna Petropoulos.